CT6 April 2013

Discussion in 'CT6' started by Turtlelord, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Turtlelord

Turtlelord Member

How did people find this exam?

2. limamichelle

limamichelle Active Member

That question about skewness- i was fully lost, i knew lamda M3 from the table but had no idea how to drive it, and then every following question threw me.

Also i finished early (about 2hr 40 mins) But i'm having a sneaky feeling that i didn't complete all the questions- lol. there were 11 questions right? and time-series was the last i think...

And talking of time-series- i had no idea how we were supposed to get an actual figure/number when we are only told that x0 = 0!

But i the balance of questions i think was fair, the first half (apart from Q6) seamed pretty straightforward.

3. OzActuary

OzActuary Member

I found the exam too long. I got to every question but left a few gaps as I went and didn't get back to all of these. I felt the exam went better than last time but I still wouldn't be sure I passed. Unfortunately I think I missed some simple things e.g. I struggled with the decision theory question and also the Bayes theorem question (about the Actuary being late for work) and these really threw me from the start. I did get the skewness question though (I think) - you needed to start with lnMx(t) and differentiate to eventually get C'''x(0) = skew(x) - I cant remember exactly right now but I think I got that out.
    Anyway I'm just crossing fingers and toes for now as I reckon I got about the 60 mark so just hoping that will be enough to scrape a pass - I'm sick of CT6 :confused:

4. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

5. ngongtiti

ngongtiti Member

I found the exam too long, and I couldn't try Q6 which the first part was an easy 4 marks...

The last question was also really tricky and just couldn't figure out how to estimate something without any numbers given...

6. limamichelle

Just watched it.

I guess i threw away q6..but looking back exam stress mightv'e contributed. That plus q11. The rest seams reasonable so i'm hoping for a pass. Fingers crossed.

Last edited: May 13, 2013
  7. OzActuary

OzActuary Member

Passed! Delighted! 2 passes so that's the CT's done for me at long last! :D
    Thanks to all for posts - it definitely helps!

8. limamichelle

Congrats!

I passed 2! yay

9. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Pass rate for this CT6 exam was 64% in case you were wondering...

10. CuiMan

CuiMan Member

Based on prior experience, we will see sept pass rate appreciably!