Ct5 marking

Discussion in 'CT5' started by dushyant kochar, Oct 9, 2016.

1. There was a question in this September diet in which the rate of bonus needs to be calculated .I calculated the full expected present value of benefits,expenses and premiums and left the solution in simultaneous equation form I.e. constant + constant*bonus rate=constant.how much marks are likely to be deducted.
    There was also a joint life question in which I wrote the answer in terms of the expected present value functions ,but calculated the value of each function along with the values of the required probabilities, but was unable to calculate the final single amount due to Insufficiento time. so how much will this also cost me.

2. bystander

bystander Member

Its guesswork and will depend how many marks were available overall for the question. But I imagine you will get one mark for the correct formula and a mark for every bit of evaluation you managed to do correctly. Sounds to me as though if you were strapped for time , you did the right thing. Demonstrated that you knew how to proceed and are capable of some evaluation. Better than missing a question out entirely especially if you find yourself on the borderline pile.

3. Thanks sir for replying.i actually completed both the answers but was unable to calculate the final answer on the calculator.both questions were of 10 Mark each.

4. bystander

bystander Member

Probably looking at around 8/10 would be my guess assuming no slips

5. Thank u sir.