Ct5/ct7/ct8

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by sja99, Oct 12, 2009.

1. sja99

sja99 Member

I am considering two of CT5, CT7 and CT8 for the April 2010 exams. The problem is that with the CT7 syllabus change I would ideally prefer not to take the exam in its first sitting, especially as I live overseas so it is very doubtful that I would be able to attend a tutorial.

I’m not too sure how much CT7 background is required for subject CT8? From what I've heard, CT5 and CT8 are two of the trickiest of the CTs so from that perspective I'm thinking CT7/CT5 would be a better combination.

I would be grateful for any suggestions/thoughts.

2. Cardano

Cardano Member

A word of warning. Although CT7 is among the easiest of the CT's it does require a relatively large amount of learning and therefore preparation can be time consuming (unless you are an economics grad). There is little overlap between CT8 and CT7. If you are looking for overlap try CT8 with ST6.

3. mattt78

mattt78 Member

Ct5/7/8

Agreed, there isn't any significant overlap.

All of these 3 have a decent amount of material, but CT7 seemed a lot easier to me than CT5 and CT8, so for me at least, involved much less work to get to pass standard. If you have ever studied any basic economics before - supply/demand curves, keynes vs monetary theory etc - I'd have thought you'd find CT7 relatively straightforward.

4. sja99

sja99 Member

Yes, it seems that even more learning will be required for CT7 with the new syllabus so definitely something to consider - thanks very much for the comments!