CT5 April 2013

Discussion in 'CT5' started by Turtlelord, Apr 29, 2013.

1. Turtlelord

Turtlelord Member

How did people find this paper?

2. johnpe21

johnpe21 Member

I think that this was a tough one. not many straightforward questions and no easy questions on mortality profit/loss that usually give lots of marks.. In addition, i think that it was a huge paper. I needed about 1 more hour to write down my answers more carefully and attempt all the questions..

Any other opinions?

Last edited by a moderator: Apr 29, 2013
  3. tom31182694

tom31182694 Member

I thought it was tough. It was going fine but i didnt have enough time do give a good effort for the last 2 questions. Also it seemed like it was a nightmare to solve for P in the equation of value for question 13. Do they give many marks for getting the equation of value correct but not solving? Hard to get out those equations when you are rushing in the last few minutes! It would take you 10 minutes to read and take in the final question and i only had about 7 minutes to do the whole thing. Would say i failed since those 2 questions are worth 33 marks.

4. Imardin

Imardin Member

Yes! That last question was horrible! And UL was my safety net, the one thing I could always solve!
    I also thought it was a reaaaally long paper. Glad to see I'm not the only one, though. If this was really the case, hopefully this will be taken into account when marking (or setting minimum pass marks)?

5. avatar_karma

I did the September 2012 exams for CT2, CT4 & CT5. Passed CT2 & CT4, got an FA for CT5. I certainly understudied for CT5, and it showed.

This time round, I studied a bucketload for CT5 (my solitary last CT exam to do) and I found this paper much harder than last semesters. Hoping I did enough to get through and say farewell to these exams for good.

6. avatar_karma

Passed. Finished CT exams for good. :D

7. skhurana

skhurana Member

Passed...... :)

8. Imardin

Imardin Member

I flipping hate CT5!!!!! I failed for the 2nd time, and this time I knew the syllabus upside-down! It was just the time pressure that got me! :mad:

Never mind me... just venting a bit.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 28, 2013
  9. bystander

bystander Member

Commiserations Imardin. Time is always an enemy in all things (even outside exams) alas.