CT4 - Sept 2007

Discussion in 'CT4' started by lorcanjc, Oct 4, 2007.

1. examstudent

examstudent Member

2. leafy

leafy Member

I think that I wrote something like that, but then didn't the question ask for the probability that they could feed the first 10 people or something, so surely they would need to know that each person up until that 10th person had had enough, so it's not good enough that there is enough for the 10th person, but that there was enough for the 9th and the 8th etc etc

This one broke my fragile little mind...

3. Goku

Goku Member

I can't remember what the question said exactly, but whatever it asked, that was how I interpreted the question at the time...as I said, my answer's probably incorrect or incomplete - in either case I'll be satisfied with a mark or 2 for that question.

Hope you find better success...

4. avanbuiten

avanbuiten Member

With the KM question. Note that the statistic they actually wanted was the probablility of not being dismissed in the first 10 games. Some of you are talking like they asked for the dismissed statistic.

Well done if you managed the Buns Q, I had no idea. I also wasted time on the probability of no claim question finally realising I'd better move on as I wasn't progressing. Didn't have time for the exposed to risk. And had a mind block trying to work out how many games they'd need to play. Otherwise I did ok, but will be suprised if I pass when all's said and done. Although no one seems particularly happy about their performance which is always a good sign for a lower pass mark.

p.s. I got 65 too. And accepted Ho for the graduation test. I had five states too.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 8, 2007
  5. avanbuiten

avanbuiten Member

I answered this question with knowledge I retained from an actuarial diploma course on survival models that I did 3 years ago. I am not actually sure this relationship is explained in the acted notes for ct4, so I can understand how you might have struggled.