Ct4 and ct6

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by Kanishka, Dec 12, 2017.

1. Kanishka

Kanishka Active Member

I have cleared ct1,5 and 3. I am thinking of taking ct 4 and 6 this time as it will be a combined subject in 2019. Is it a right decision? Will it be tough or should I consider ct8?

2. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Apologies - I'm surprised no-one else has answered this.

You can take both together - I did - but since CT4 is statistically the most tricky to pass you will need to start early and study hard :)

3. Infinity

Infinity Member

CT8 is also being turned into 2 exams. If you only pass CT4 and not CT6, or vice versa then the exam you have passed will be rendered worthless and you will have to study the same inconsequential study material again in the new subject. The IFoA thinks that it is acceptable to let you pay for exams now which will potentially be worth nothing in the future. If you can join the Indian Institute, which I have been banned from because I'm British, you can continue the CT exams there for the time being and try to claim exemptions from the IFoA. The Indian exams seem easier as they have less words to read in the question and the pass mark is only 50% apparently. Join up quickly and you can have 4 exam sittings to pass CT4 and CT6 rather than just two, so something else you can take advantage of.