ct3

Discussion in 'CT3' started by dvani, Nov 7, 2013.

1. dvani

dvani Member

is there any way or method for last minute revision of ct3 ,
    i am finding this subject really difficult.past question papers has really very tricky questions?

2. Calum

Calum Member

Time travel?

Planning?

3. cjno1

cjno1 Member

Assuming the earliest you could be sitting this exam is April, you have plenty of time.

Go through the notes and make sure you fully understand each concept as you go. If there are any you are having trouble with then speak to your other colleagues who are sitting the exam or post on this forum for help. You want to try and get through the notes as quickly as you can whilst understanding the concepts, as this will give you as much time as possible to do example questions.

Also, make use of as many of the Acted materials as your employer will buy for you. I'm a particular fan of the face-to-face tutorials and the ASET.

4. Sanjay

Sanjay Member

I think she's sitting for the November exams.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2013
  5. cjno1

cjno1 Member

November? Wow, I thought all the exams were at the same time around the world.

Then yeah, that's really last minute!

6. Sanjay

Sanjay Member

Well the Institute of Actuaries of India (IAI) exams are held in May and November.But I really don't blame her for "freaking out". CT 3 is extremely tough. There have been cases where none of them have passed. The IAI has quite a reputation when it comes to CT3.

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 8, 2013
  7. dextar

dextar Member

Yeah and they test mostly on your mathematical ability rather than on concept clarity like UK exams do

8. bharasri.ibm

bharasri.ibm Member

Wonder why they do this. I have seen lots of QPs in different subjects where the questions are just plain tough or totally out of syallabus. By doing this, the IAI is indirectly creating an advantage for students who have studied the subjects before which is unfair for people like me who is not from a Maths background and who rely on the Course Notes and Core Reading.

The CT3 QPs also contain a lot of prove this kinda questions and its plain derivation types and not the application type questions. I sometimes feel if I should join IFoA and try to complete the exams there. But since I am spending my own money to study and dont even have an Actuarial job, am not sure if should spend a lot of money when I dont know whether I will get a decent actuarial job after switching from IT with 8 years of exp in IT. The IFoA exams are pretty expensive and the annual subscription fee is also too steep.