CT3 October 2013

Discussion in 'CT3' started by Pepps, Oct 7, 2013.

1. Pepps

Pepps Member

What did people think?

I found a couple of the middle questions (6&7 tough) but thankfully there didn't appear to be any nasty surprises on the long questions.

I did everything in such a hurry I am now doubting everything I wrote but fingers crossed for the results!

2. Niranjan

Niranjan Member

very lengthy questions

I find the last 3 questions are lengthy and consumed lot of time. lots of stuff on probability questions. I did'nt find too odd questions but the pattern of questions slight different from past papers. Some :) variety question on ANOVA.

3. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

If you're interested I've produced a review of the CT3 exam and uploaded it on YouTube here.

4. Benoco

Benoco Member

Nice one John. I'm just watching your video now. In question 7 ( motor insurance claims) I used a probability tree and simply read off the required probabilities.

Do you think that will get full marks or was using conditional probability required?

5. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Tree diagrams are excellent for solving conditional problems - so good plan.

In which case - the numerator is the probability of the option you want and the denominator is the total probability of all the relevant options.

6. Benoco

Benoco Member

Yeah, it was absolutely ideal for that question. Once the tree diagram was drawn it was simply a matter identifying the correct denominator, as you said.

Thanks John, and for the video too, which was good to go through.