CT3 IAI Experience

Discussion in 'CT3' started by Pooja2857, May 16, 2011.

1. Pooja2857

Pooja2857 Member

can anyone tell me abt his/her experience with CT3 IAI paper of may'2011.....I did very bad in that and bit upset.....i found the paper more tougher this time in comparison to all the previous years.....how do you people feel?????????

2. bystander

bystander Member

Didn't do it so can't help, but many people sit tough exams and still pass. Its how you did relative to everyone else that can matter. So don't fret and try to concentrate on next sitting or enjoying the sun if you are one of those that await results before starting.

3. kartik_newpro

kartik_newpro Member

I did not appear but saw the question paper. Yeah the questions were much tougher and I expect them to be tougher in the coming years since the number of students of IAI have increased considerably and they have to pick the best from the lot.

4. bpatra

bpatra Member

I think IAI exams are getting tougher every year. It's a bit unfair.The questions are more mathematical in nature than application.I believe if we are using the same acted material the question papers should be of equal standard as the UK.
    How many of u think so?

5. manish_rex

manish_rex Member

Yes ..that is evident looking at the quality of questions asked and pass rate in last 1 year exams or so.

However, going bythe number of people writing the exam (last Nov. it was over 1K), I think they want this paper to be a particular stumbling block for all those who are not too serious about their long term prospects with IAI.

I was knid of lucky, having cleared it long back..

6. kartik_newpro

kartik_newpro Member

Yeah. It is totally unfair. I remember a simple question of direct application of the Bayes Theorem in one of the previous papers. It could be solved in less than 2 mins and you would get FOUR MARKS for it!!!!

And now even scoring 3 marks can take away more than 10 mins of your time. As rightly mentioned by bpatra, question are aimed at testing mathematical aptitude rather than application on concepts.

I will appearing for the November exam diet. Lets see what surprises awaits us.