CT3 Exemption nigthmare

Discussion in 'CT6' started by bobbathejobba, Oct 14, 2005.

1. bobbathejobba

bobbathejobba Member

OK - let's have some honesty out there!

CT3 exemption good news or not - sure I covered it at Uni - but like 3 years ago !

I think the beers taken its toll on my brain - CT6 (after chapter 1) jumps in assuming CT3 - and I'm not as hot as I used to be!

Is it just me? :confused:

2. bobbathejobba

bobbathejobba Member

Thanks...NOT!

Well thanks for the support out there!

Seems I must be the only one suffering! :(

3. hulljo

hulljo Member

Did you see an e-mail sent around on Friday from Acted regarding the new Stats Refresher course? It's an online tutorial and sounds pretty like the solution to your issue with stats exemptions.

4. Truffle

Truffle Member

i hear you

It all looks amazingly familiar.... but yet so far from being within the grasp of my poor brain (currently).

But have a little faith- learnt it once with all the alcohol swimming around your body (plus other numerous distractions)...

.. hence should be much better this time! ;)

5. You might want to refresh yourself with some aspects of the Stats course.

But having the exemption must be preferable to having to get CT3 up to a passing level.

There are a number of chapters in CT3 that are bound to be helpful. (eg Reviewing Linear Models will get you started on the GLM section). Also, Moment Generating Functions are very important for both CT4 and CT6. They hang around behind the expectation/variance calcs like smoke behind the bike shedsl- and I think being able to spot them is key.

I'd recommend that you refer back to sections of 101/ CT3 as and when you need- and enjoy the fact you don't need to do CT3!!

In any case, CT6 is relatively interesting as far as the course content goes. The exam is pretty time-pressured though.

Good luck with CT6- it's not that evil really!

6. bobbathejobba

bobbathejobba Member

...there is hope!

Must have missed it - but checked it out on ActEd's website - sounds like the business - saves me having to read CT3 (or even buy it...). Shame there's not a demo or sample...

But think I will go for this...I'll let you guys know what it's like when I try it out. :p

Thanks Irn Bru and Truffle for the encouragement!

7. veeko

veeko Member

I think it just takes a bit of perseverance - I had the chance to be exempt from 106 about 3 years ago but lost it by about 2% - so it brings me here. If it helps, try reading over the most difficult parts of the notes more than once......

8. KatherineH

KatherineH Member

Honestly, you university chaps don't know you're born! I didn't go to uni and hence did not have the privilege of obtaining an exemption in CT3. I'm not sure what's worse - doing the whole of CT3 or being rusty in stats due to getting an exemption. I suspect the former!

Good luck to all with the forthcoming exams.

K.