CT2 Without tutorials

Discussion in 'CT2' started by sammo, Jul 10, 2010.

1. sammo

sammo Member

Which acted materials do I need to get besides CMP and ASET to ensure I get this first time round because i'm tight on money-and i'm channelling all my funds towards a CT3 block tutorial

2. sonnyshook

sonnyshook Member

You only need CMP. You may not need ASET at all. You can use the Institute past exam solutions. A basic accounting textbook may help with balance sheets, income statements and cash flow statements.

CT2 is not very mathematical and dare I say it easy. Don't waste too much resources on this. Like any subject - try to finish the subject two months before exam date and exhaust yourself with questions under exam conditions

3. MissAussie

MissAussie Member

I only have CMP too for CT2. In fact, I have only ever done all my exams with the CMP, have never had tutorials or assignment marking due to being in Australia or cost reasons.

Have passed all my exams with just studying the CMP and doing past papers, so I don't see how CT2 should be any different. (well... when I say I have passed all my exams... admittedly I did fail CT5 once due to procrastination, but I didn't fail due to only having the CMP. :D)

4. sonnyshook

sonnyshook Member

Ditto

You only need CMP and Institute past exam papers.

5. bystander

bystander Member

Given its not all that mathematical, if you feel uncomfortable then try a mock. Worth it if you aren't getting really high marks by your assessment as markers may give you some helpful exam pointers that will give you the few extra marks to make the difference.

But finish the course first before making any decision.

6. sammo

sammo Member

thank-you

thank you all for the response, it makes such a difference to have people who can relate to what i'm doing to such intricate detail.

i'm 80% done with the course and there have been some tricky areas but i managed to get them ironed out. I should be kicking off revision in the next 2 weeks so I'll do one of the X-assignments and gauge how well I do before revision. It is just that I do not want to leave anything at chance though, when you wake up for something, you might as well as do it very good and get it over and done with once and for all