ct2 exam technique?

Discussion in 'CT2' started by SteveAngello, Apr 13, 2014.

1. SteveAngello

SteveAngello Member

I will be retaking CT2 in the April sitting. I believe the reason for my initial failure was due to poor exam technique - and quite simply - not giving the examiners the right amount of detail.

To this extent, I have spoken with several part qualified actuaries and they all seem to be singing the same tune:
    • Write short concise bullet points...e.g for an 'Explain' question ..ensure each point is explained thoroughly.
    • Gauge the number of marks required. E.g. for a 5 mark question, make around 6-10 well explained bullet points.
    • Dissect the question and make sure you are answering exactly what is being asked ..don't divert from the topic or waffle (big weakness of mine)
    • Always add a conclusion to your answer.

I have tried using the ASET pack to better understand the required exam technique, however I find this extremely detailed as it aims to provide more information. Good for understanding the answers ..but not so good for exam technique.

In addition to the points made, I am happy to receive any advice on good exam technique for CT2? (Need to nail it this time!):D

2. Hemant Rupani

Hemant Rupani Senior Member

Thanks Steve,
    it'll help me.