CT1 without registering with Institute and Faculty of Actuaries

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by mc017, Jul 2, 2012.

1. mc017

mc017 Member

Hello,

I've decided to sit my first and only exam which is CT1 in September (or 3rd October to be more precise). I've not registered with The Institute and Faculty of Actuaries but I know you can take CT1 without becoming a member.

If I did pass CT1 and became a member in September, can I just carry on with CT2, CT3 etc or would I need to do CT1 again as a member? Or would I need declare it as an exemption?

Sorry if it's a straight forward question! Thanks for your help in advance.

2. moreoomph

moreoomph Member

I started my exams in this way.

I think they assign you a student number for the CT1, then when you join, the student number is continued. No extra work/effort is required to get the pass recognised. No need to resit as its exactly the same exam!

3. tiger

tiger Member

I followed the same route, was as moreoomph describes.
    Just to add, passing CT1 means you then meet the entry(*) criteria to become a student member.
    (*) or at least the academic part I think. There may be additional criteria if English isn't your mother tongue.

4. mc017

mc017 Member

That's perfect. Does anyone know when you can register for the exam? On the website it says that you can apply in July but I cannot seem to find a link to the application form?

5. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Still not up there yet - will be soon now that all the exam results have come out.

6. bosium

bosium Member

Universities offering postraduate recognition

:confused: Hi everyone. Are there any universities offering postgraduate admissions on the basis of Faculty and Institutes qualifications?

I have a horrible bachelors degree, but would like to gain post grad admission into Operations Research or Actuarial Science form a good school.

7. Calum

Calum Member

Postgraduate admissions are done on a case-by-case basis, but to be honest if you think you can cope with the program they will probably consider you. Universities like post-grad fee income!