CT1 September 2015

Discussion in 'CT1' started by am123, Oct 19, 2015.

1. am123

am123 Member

Hi,

There was a question on spot/forward rates in the paper.
    There was a part of the question which looked for the definition (and calculation) of the price of a zero coupon bond using the rate information available. However, in my calculation in this part I unfortunately used coupon payments in calcs, as opposed to just the spot rate for the length of time. Would I get any marks at all?

2. ActEder

ActEder Member

How did everyone find the last question on payback period/IRR? 26 marks was a lot for it. Also question 7 on the bonds was hard I thought..

3. CT2_Student

CT2_Student Member

Personally found the 26 mark one alright, none of the calculations involved were too tricky. The only thing I didn't like about the paper was the amount of trial and error required (bit more than is usually required, perhaps?).

The bond question was ok, I thought. A bit fiddly though.

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  4. CT2_Student

CT2_Student Member

Which no. Q are you referring to? 6?

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 21, 2015
  5. luvwalie

luvwalie Member

I find Q7 to be very annoying and tricky. For Q8, I never understood DPBP from the outset, so I was kind of stuck on it. My fingers are crossed til Dec.

Who is preparing for CT 2 & 3.

6. am123

am123 Member

passing(?)

Overall the paper had gone well but due to timing I couldn't do much of the last question at all... I feel I am around 60/61marks on the paper.... But I feel as though because I haven't answered the final question hardly at all that I may be disadvantaged in the eyes of the examiner... Is it simply a case of gaining enough marks to pass? Or does missing one question mean pitfall of failure?

7. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

This was question 6. I'm not quite sure which part you're referring to - the paper is up on the Profession's website so if you have a look and let me know I'll be able to tell you.