CT1 Retakes...with a twist

Discussion in 'CT1' started by cac2008, Jul 14, 2014.

1. cac2008

cac2008 Member

Hi all,

I have a rather strange question (I like to think well ahead): I am going to take CT1 in April 2015 and I am wondering what the score is on retaking the exam after passing.

Say I just scrape across the finish line in April and I feel I could have done a heck of a lot better. Is there any provision for me to retake the exam in the next slot to try and get a better mark?

Thanks in advance.

2. antzlck

antzlck Member

Not sure if you're been serious or not but I'll give you the benefit of the doubt :confused:

There is no 'just scraping' with actuarial exams, you either pass or not.

3. cac2008

cac2008 Member

Ah, I thought they were graded as opposed to pass/fail. I much prefer the latter!

Cheers for the info

4. Calum

Calum Member

I don't think there is anything that would stop you retaking as such. Whether or not you would get much value out of it, of course, is another question. If you felt you were unhappy with your grasp of the material I would say tackling one of the main textbooks would probably be best.

5. ngongtiti

ngongtiti Member

Really?

6. cac2008

cac2008 Member

Thanks for the replies - I thought the exam was graded with a score reported, hence my desire to retake to get a better 'grade'. Now that I know that it is pass/fail, this will not matter - a pass will be a pass and I will then maintain my level of knowledge with continuing revision.

Before anyone asks - yes I am a perfectionist! I not only want to pass the exam, but to pass well!

Thanks again all.