CT1 April 2015

Discussion in 'CT1' started by JessicaC, May 5, 2015.

1. JessicaC

JessicaC Member

How did you find it?

I thought it was tricky in places....doing a few new things to catch you out, but hopefully i got enough to pass!

That question to find the rental increase i could not get to a final answer! And that spot rate question.....wasn't sure whether t had to be an integer or you could put t=0.5 into it....

2. Sanjay

Sanjay Member

It was alright. Messed up a few simple problems. Realsied that on my way home.:( . I calculated the spot rates with t= .5.1.5 and so on, but forgot to add 1 to it. And for the loans problem I derived only the increasing annuity. I really hope that I get enough marks to pass this paper.

3. Noely

Noely Member

Well I had an interesting exam, got in late because there weren't any signs around so there was a group of us wandering around aimlessly with noone to ask for directions.

But the exam itself wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, it's my first exam so I was rather nervous and made some mistakes here and there. Hoping I got enough to pass but if I don't then I've learnt quiet a bit and know the areas which I need to focus on for next time :).

They did try to catch you out with a few questions here and there, and the time pressure is something which I need to get better at handling but that is something in the works for now.

Thanks to everyone for their help through the course of preparation.

4. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

But if you used the 1 year values and discounted ½, 1½, etc.... you'd only lose 1 mark (out of the 3).

Last edited: May 20, 2015
  5. am123

am123 Member

I feel that I will have scored 54-57 due to timing... I wasn't able to attempt two and half questions :S

Although what I attempted I know I did well on...

John, would that be somewhat a borderline scenario? Or am I simply going to fail

6. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Eek. I would be worried....