CT1 Apr 2006

Discussion in 'CT1' started by ggl, Apr 4, 2006.

1. ggl

ggl Member

Hi guys..
    How was the exam? For me it was quite tough..especially time wise..

2. Stevie

Stevie Member

I thought it was ok, the awkward bits for me were the real return on the dividends and the probablility that the accumulated amount was more than 10,000.

The last few questions were just long so there's always a chance of a numerical slip or something!

I thought the question about the student with two loans was a bit weird, not your normal loan question!

3. nemesis

nemesis Member

the question about loans was weird but the one I didn't like was the immunisation question. Might have something to do with the lack of time I had by that point!

Didn't really enjoy that exam, have to admit. :(

4. jimjoachim

jimjoachim Member

I made a stupid mistake on the housing question and had to re do the whole thing!!
    Therefore didnt have enough time to finish.
    Heres hoping I did enough!!!!

5. ajs

ajs Member

Hi there

I had problems finishing in time, only answered parts of the last 2 questions with around 10 marks outstanding. Is the general view that time was an issue?

6. zemingyu

zemingyu Member

Yeah, time was an issue for me as well. I didn't manage to finish the last question either.

7. Phil

Phil Member

My favourite question was the immunisation one

------------
    I was unsure about the wording of the loan question. It said "he pays the interest out of his wages, how much of his wages are left?"

This suggests he doesn't pay the capital element of monthly installments out of his wages. Yes, they were both capital & interest loans.

I started working out the interest element of each installment, but thought that this can't be right, it will take too much time given that the interest element of each installment changes each month. So I treated it as if the question said "he pays the monthly installments out of his wages......or....he pays the capital & Interest out of his wages".
    -------------

I definitely didn't like the wording on the housing question about the rental income and its increases. But I can't remember precisely what it said

8. leafy

leafy Member

I was pushed for time as well. Glad to hear that others were too. I was suprised actually. I'm not used to exams that say 3 hours actually lasting 3 hours!! Usually I have time to at least go over and remove all of my stupid mistakes before the end! :-/

Just ran out of time as I was about to write the last part of the last question...so annoyed that I didn't manage to do it as I knew the answer. Really wanted to write something quickly, but my I just couldn't get up the courage to in case I was caught :(

The two loans question was a bit crazy wasn't it. Loads to do and if you got something wrong at the start then it probably screwed you up for the rest of it. I hate questions like that.

Never mind. C'est fin.
    Leafy

9. rob_bozwonk

rob_bozwonk Member

I thought the loans question was relatively tough too. Was anyone else confused by the 2nd loan payable by 'equal monthly instalments' but with an interest rate which changes from 12% to 10% after 2 years?
    I presume they didn't mean the instalments were equal throughout the term of the loan, but that they are equal while the rate is 12% and then change to a new constant amount when the rate changes to 10%?

10. leafy

leafy Member

My interpretation was that monthly instalments remained level under each rate, ie X per month when it was 10% and X' per month under 12%.

I hope that was what they meant!

It would be a pretty crazy loan to take out otherwise.

Leafy

11. Stevie

Stevie Member

I agree, given that the question wanted the payments after the first two years so you only really had to deal with the twelve percent portion but in 2 years time. Or something like that i hope, it was almost a month ago now so i may be remembering wrong!