ct-series...

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by nish_ramesh, Dec 3, 2008.

1. nish_ramesh

nish_ramesh Member

Hey.....i have cleared the following papers CT1, CT2 & CT7... plan to appear for CT3 in April...i wud like to take up another paper along with CT3 and was thinking of CT6/CT8. Could someone pls help me with sorting out what wud be the best combination. It wud not be possible to take up two very difficult papers. Also, I am from India...Mumbai..just wanted to find out if there are any good coaching classes available which I could attend.

thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2008
  2. Cardano

Cardano Member

CT6 goes well with CT3 and all the others (CT4,CT5 and CT8) are harder anyway

3. nish_ramesh

nish_ramesh Member

Thanks Cardano for ur prompt response....I happened to go through the syllabus for CT6 and it mentions the ground work for Markov process as a part of having studied CT4. Would it be that difficult to understand it without preparing for CT4. Is there any other texts or help available as I understand Markov's is quite important and other papers also probably use this process.

4. Cardano

Cardano Member

The Markov type mathematics on CT6 is largely Markov chains which is the easy stuff. If you're worried, get the CT4 CMP as well and prepare some of that. You need it for your next sitting anyway

5. nish_ramesh

nish_ramesh Member

that seems like a good idea.....will do that n get started with CT3. Thanks!