Ct 9 Distance Learning course

Discussion in 'CT9' started by Busy_Bee4422, Aug 23, 2009.

1. Busy_Bee4422

Busy_Bee4422 Ton up Member

I am doing the distance version of ct 9. There are exercises to be completed for the course. I am bit concerned about the standard need to be achieved in the exercises to get the through the exam. What length of answers, to what detail etc. Please can you help me.

2. Ninja

Ninja Member

Hi,

I'm also interested in CT9 - distance learning version. I coudn't find anyone in my country , who had done CT9 online, so no way to find out what type of an exam it is?:confused:

It would be very helpful (specially for students like us), if at least any of the ActEd tutor can give some advice on how to prepare for the exam, the nature of the exam, etc

3. Busy_Bee4422

Did the course in August 2009.

The distance course is done over a 10 day period and it has assignments which don't seem to be there for the face-to-face version. It seemed to me they replace the discussions. Everything else seems the same.

If you can do the course as far away from a conventional sitting the better. It does affect the rhythm of studies. The 10 days end up feeling long.

Pointers on the assignments.

• Do the assignments before the 10 days for the game. Balancing work, the game and the assignments during the 10 day window is not a good idea. If you can take leave good for you. No such luck for me.
    • Register as soon as you can so you get the info as soon as possible to get the assigments done early.
    • Try to be as comprehensive as possible in the assignments to avoid having to resubmit them.

Enjoy the module!

Last edited: Nov 24, 2009
  4. Ninja

Ninja Member

Thanks for the quick reply. It gives some idea of the exam.

Do we need any prior knowledege of CT9 content before registering for the exam? Any information on content, the nature of business game & the online test?

I've completed CT1 -CT8 and hope to register for the CT9 online starting on 25th Jan.

5. Busy_Bee4422

You will be provided with all the necessary reading material. The material is enough to pass the module. Just make sure you do the spade work otherwise no need to sweat it.

6. Ninja

Ninja Member

HI Zivanaik,

One more question.

On average, how long you are supposed to be online per day during the 10 day period. Is there a specific time slot allocated to one person?

Probably, I would not get leave for this exam, so will I be able to manage the work load, if I work on assignments, game & test, after office hours?

Thanks for your help.

7. Busy_Bee4422

Hie Ninja

The length of time you spend in logged on depends on how long it takes you as a team to decide the relevant things for the business game.

There is no time slot for individuals. You can be online the whole day if you wish.

The course administrators endeavour to put people in about the same time zone in the same team. This makes it possible as a team to schedule discussions after the working day for all team members. Unfortunately it may not work out well for all. In the team I was in the was one member who was 5 or 6 hours ahead of the rest of us therefore had to do discussions at around midnight for him.

I advise you to avoid doing the assignments during the ten days especially if you won't get leave. Start on each assignment as soon as you have read the relevant material.

Seasons compliments and best wishes.

ZivanaiK

Last edited: Dec 14, 2009
  8. Ninja

Ninja Member

Thanks & wish you the same