CS1, Chapter 10 Notes vs Questions

Discussion in 'CS1' started by jackx3d, Feb 11, 2023.

Tags:
  1. jackx3d

jackx3d Made first post

Hi

On page 13 of the notes for CS1 chapter 10 (section 2.2), there is a note at the end which says to assume 5% for the level of the test if not specified in the exam question.

In Question 10.10 part (i), it has compared the TS to the CV @1% level, but i’m unsure why as i didn’t think it was explicitly stated in the question, or maybe the solution thought the TS was so high that you could compare the TS against the critical value @1% instead of @5%.

Am i wrong to always assume 5% if not stated (as the course notes say)? or did the question implicitly ask for 1%? Any help is appreciated!

Tinashe Chikwamba likes this.
  2. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

That's exactly correct. If the question doesn't say, we test at the 5% level and you would have received full marks in the exam had you done this. However, if we can reject at 2.5% or 1% or even 0.5% level, then we could state that instead to express that we have "super-rejected" it!

3. zaidk123

zaidk123 Made first post

Hii you talking about .
    On page 13 of the notes for CS1 chapter 10 (section 2.2), there is a note at the end which says to assume 5% for the level of the test if not specified in the exam question. for this you have to search on google.
    ------------------------------

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 19, 2023