Cross reference grid table for ST1

Discussion in 'SP1' started by Admin, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Originally posted by thaikashaikh:

Dear tutors,
    Please kindly clarify why the cross reference table grid for Revision notes is missing for ST1, though I
    could find one in the ASET, in case I wish to go beyond ASET I am finding it difficult to map the questions
    basis topic, kindly assist
    Thanks

2. Hi - I'm looking into it....:)

3. I've had a look into this. We currently provide cross-reference grids, in the Revision books, for some CT subjects only. We did this as a trial (and we're glad you liked them! :)). However, we have not yet brought these into the Revision books for any of the later (non-CT) subjects. One issue is that cross-referencing by chapter is rather more problematic than for CT subjects, as many questions expect you to draw from lots of different parts of the course in order to obtain a full answer. We are not convinced that providing a detailed cross-reference grid necessarily helps you to develop the skills you require to do this. Basically the issue is still up for review (and obviously we will take the views of people like yourself into account), but at the moment we feel that sufficient cross-referencing is effected by the fact that the Revision books are already subdivided into broad topic areas (by dint of which booklet the question is in), and anyone wanting a more detailed breakdown can purchase ASET for the more recent papers.

Having said all that, I've located a cross-reference grid from an old (2012) ASET for ST1, and I've attached this to this thread so that you can use this for questions going back to 2008. This gives you a total of 14 sittings (7 years) of past papers to refer to in this way if you so wish.

However, please be aware of my comments above, in that there may be quite a few questions which, on inspection, don't fall very neatly into particular chapters or subject areas, and that you should always look to different areas of the course when generating ideas for your answers.

Hope that helps - good luck!

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 8, 2015
  4. On extra thing to note about the cross-reference grid - the course chapter references are not all going to be 100% accurate if you are looking at the 2015 materials (or later), as they have changed a bit since this (old) grid was produced. Basically just something to watch out for!
    Robert