CP3 September 2021 Exam

Discussion in 'CP3' started by RedCoat, Sep 21, 2021.

1. RedCoat

RedCoat Member

How did everyone find it? I thought it was awful, as someone with no life experience or real knowledge of how much medical underwriters know about insurance, and expect to be resitting in April!

2. Joseph Hart

Joseph Hart Member

I agree, it felt like it was assumed we knew a lot about cross-subsidising and underwriting, which I don't particularly (and I didn't think I would need to know for CP3!)

3. RedCoat

RedCoat Member

Yeah, I felt like I needed someone to do a CP3 paper explaining the background information to me! And she already knew more than I did about the topic, but I’m sure I’ll get heavily penalised for jargon…

4. philoxenos

philoxenos Member

I felt the same and speaking to some of my colleagues i believe they felt the same too, seemed like a very tricky topic to get the right balance on!

5. MJK23

MJK23 Active Member

Failed twice now. Out of my depth!

6. Epsilon7

Epsilon7 Keen member

I failed twice too ...this time by 1.5 marks

7. nyaman

nyaman Very Active Member

When I wrote the exam I really thought I failed cause it was really technical. I was really surprised with the mark I got also given it was my first attempt. I am just relieved I managed to clear this one.

8. MJK23

MJK23 Active Member

Me too! Well, 3 marks. Although one marker had given a pass but the average fell short. Are you resitting next month?

9. Epsilon7

Epsilon7 Keen member

Yes I am

10. Kanishka

Kanishka Active Member

Can anyone help with how the graph given in the examiner's report was made for this question?

11. MJK23

MJK23 Active Member

Hi Kanishka,
    It seems to be a line chart but with settings adjusted to remove lines and have markers only. There are only 2 data points, the standard policy factor (99%) and adjusted claims with underwriting (72.2%) hence the 2 points shown. A line is then inserted on the 100% mark. Hope this is what you meant

12. Busy_Bee4422

Busy_Bee4422 Ton up Member

Hi MJK23 & Kanishka
    You could also do it with a compound graph with two data series. One is for the line graph showing a straight line at 100%. You can do this by doing a line graph with 2 points both at 100%. The other is a scatter plot showing the two points at 99% and 72.2%. I put the data in columns then removed the axes for the scatterplot

Last edited: Apr 12, 2022
    MJK23 likes this.
  13. MJK23

MJK23 Active Member

How did people find the latest one?

14. MJK23

MJK23 Active Member

I cannot believe I’ve finally passed! Had no idea that it would happen as was convinced this was my worst round yet. But I seem to score much more highly than ever before, so I guess practice does count in this one :)

Lindsay Smitherman likes this.
  15. Busy_Bee4422

Busy_Bee4422 Ton up Member

Congratulations MJK23!

MJK23 likes this.