CP3 April 2019

Discussion in 'CP3' started by Ace123, Apr 22, 2019.

1. Ace123

Ace123 Very Active Member

Finally a CP3 exam sitting with no technical problems.

The exam seemed a lot more straight forward this year than last few sittings - what did others think?

2. Lewin

Lewin Ton up Member

So.....a higher pass mark??
    Not necessarily good

3. I think a lot of students would be happy for a standard pass mark over the disaster that was September 2018 :)

4. almost_there

almost_there Senior Member

Somehow I doubt IFoA will ever allow this exam to get a pass rate of 70% such as the Society of Actuaries's DMAC module... more likely to revert to CA3 historical average of 36%.

5. Viki2010

Viki2010 Senior Member

Easier exam means that most students do really well but only circa 50% can pass anyway :)

6. I can't help but feel I missed something. In previous exams there always seemed to be something you had to work out to get the right answer, but it felt like in this one it was all there in black and white, you just had to communicate it clearly. What did I miss??

7. almost_there

almost_there Senior Member

I feel it was always rather unfair in the past that students had to perform some calculations before arriving at what they had to communicate. Other exams are meant to deal with calculation competency. Plus having to perform calculations wasted time that couldn't be spent on figuring out how best to communicate.

Muppet likes this.
  8. JamaicanJem

JamaicanJem Ton up Member

Yup! I feel the same. Sigh