CP3 and CA2

Discussion in 'CP3' started by RCYCH, Aug 3, 2018.

1. RCYCH

RCYCH Member

Hi,
    I have got CP3 and CA2 left to be completed before I can be qualified, and I am new to both subjects, so am thinking whether to take these two together this semester. What I am not sure is they are on consecutive days, so even I got CP3 material on Tuesday, I won't be able to read till after finishing CA2 on Wednesday. Would there be lots of preparation required in reading the material so preparing after CA2 is not enough? Are there lots to study (vs study load in STs or SAs) before the exam for both subjects? I have already enrolled in CA2, so just not sure if also enrolling in CP3 is a good idea.

Would anyone recommend (or against) doing them together?

Thanks for help!!

2. Pede

Pede Member

Definitely do both. You don't need loads of time between the CP3 advance material and the actual exam. But don't underestimate them and make sure you do loads of work before then (like, start now). 100 hours suggested study time for each - not a much as an ST (200 hrs) but still significant. I'm sure it used to be 50 hrs for CP3, but the failure rate has been high!

3. Qayanaat

Qayanaat Ton up Member

I sat CA2 first-time in the recent sitting and passed and I'm doing CP3 next. I've been to the CP3 tutorial and did some of the assignments and got them marked. Personally, I think it's very doable to do both at the same time with ample preparations, starting right away. There was a post on the CP3 forum that you might want to check out, one of the tutors said to not spend too long on the advance materials, I reckon a few hours getting familiar with the advance materials is largely enough. Best of luck & hope you qualify soon RCYCH! :)

4. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

I'm in the same boat. Let's qualify in December 2018 :)

5. KhoaDNguyen

KhoaDNguyen Keen member

From my personal experience, it is doable. I did both CA2 and CP3 in April and passed both of them, it was my last 2 exams too and I am so glad it is over. The one thing to keep in mind is not to overthink about it and just do what you have to do. I don't know about you but in my case, it took me weeks just to decide whether to do them together and those time could be spent studying instead.

The fact that they are on consecutively works just fine as it stops you from getting too caught up on the advance materials. As for the workload, they require roughly 1/4 of an ST study time each.