1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

CP2 Reasonableness Checks

Discussion in 'CP2' started by GemmaHayes, Oct 17, 2019.

1. GemmaHayes

GemmaHayes Member

HI,

I mentioned some reasonableness checks and auto checks in my spreadsheets but never got around to posting in my audit trail. Will these score any marks in the audit trail? Thanks

2. ntickner

ntickner Very Active Member

The point of the reasonableness checks is the communicate to the senior actuary that you've understood what you did, and can prove it's right. As he's only going to look at the audit trail, and not the model, you're not going to get full marks for these. Depending on how clear they are in the model, you could expect to get around half.

3. GemmaHayes

GemmaHayes Member

Thanks Nick. That seems a little punitive as it was just due to the crazy time pressure that I didn't get around to copy and past into my audit trail. Thanks for your feedback all the same. I read your book for the CP2 tips too :)