CP1 - Study Group

Discussion in 'CP1' started by Mahadev Suresh, Jun 5, 2023.

1. Mahadev Suresh

Mahadev Suresh Made first post

Hi all

I'm preparing to take CP1 in September 2023 and I'm interested in joining a study group or finding a study partner. If you are also planning to take the exam and would like to collaborate, please let me know.

Thanks

2. Harashima Senju

Harashima Senju Ton up Member

Is the study group open to retakers?

3. Hop Vo

Hop Vo Made first post

4. andrewpet

andrewpet Keen member

Hello guys,
    Hope you are well. Does anyone know if CP1 exam style will change from April 2024 and onwards? There is some discussion in the IFoA website under exam development heading which is quite confusing. It talks about both changing the style and making it OBA meaning that there would be more questions than usual and the type of those will be different from now i.e. multiple choice, matching the correct statements etc AND also about remote invigilation in real time. Does anyone come across to this? If anyone wants to have a brief discussion then please reply.
    Kind regards,
    Andreas Petridis

5. James Nunn

James Nunn ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi Andreas

Our understanding is that the changes to the examination style and move to ‘objective based assessment’ that is currently planned for April 2024 applies to CB1 and CB2 only. The IFoA has announced plans to move to remote invigilation across all subjects, and we suggest that you monitor their website for more information on this.

James

6. andrewpet

andrewpet Keen member

Thank you James for your time to respond to me. So as of now, remote invigilation is planned to be across all subjects from April 2024 but only CB1 & 2 will change their format to OBA. That's how I understand it. Am I correct?
    Also, whether they will finally apply remote invigilation is not yet certain 100%?
    Finally, do you have any insights as to what remote invigilation will look like? i.e. will it be recording screen and having access to cameras?
    Thank you in advance.

7. James Nunn

James Nunn ActEd Tutor Staff Member

No problem. Regarding your first question, yes, your understanding is correct. Regarding your other questions, the IFoA will be best placed to answer these questions if/when they have a more detailed plan on this so keep an eye on their website. All the best with your studies.

8. andrewpet

andrewpet Keen member

Yeap that's right. Thank you James and have a nice day!

James Nunn likes this.
  9. Ethan

Ethan Keen member

How was your exam?

Mahadev Suresh likes this.
  10. Mahadev Suresh

Mahadev Suresh Made first post

Part 2 went better than Part 1, I think. Because part 1 had more general theoretical questions.

Overall I would think that I've probably cleared the exam. But, fingers crossed.

How did yours go?

Ethan likes this.
  11. Ethan

Ethan Keen member

CP1 Sep 2023 paper 2 question 2i is almost an identical copy from the core reading.

I imagine there are other question where you can get 9 out 10 marks by simply copying, too

I would like to join a study group, please?

Coco21 likes this.
  12. Coco21

Coco21 Made first post

Is there a study group for April 2024 sitting?

13. Ethan

Ethan Keen member

Join this discord server to discuss study buddy :)

https://discord.gg/epyTqCpJ