CP1 : Past Papers : Relevant Questions

Discussion in 'CP1' started by The Motorcyclist, Jan 28, 2021.

1. Hello Acted Tutors,

A quick question.

I'm solving past CA1 papers (from 2005 onwards) and there are questions pertaining to concepts no longer present in the current syllabus. Is there a publication (or a list) available of which questions are relevant from past papers (from 2005-2015) ?

Appreciate the assistance.

Best Regards.

2. Lindsay Smitherman

Lindsay Smitherman ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi - the ASET 2014-2017 product has a grid which maps exam questions to chapters from April 2008 papers to Sept 2017, so that will ignore any questions that are no longer examinable. The current Revision Note booklets contain all relevant questions from April 2010 onwards.

And there's a post here about earlier papers:

https://www.acted.co.uk/forums/index.php?threads/questions-no-longer-examinable.4464/

Great that you are practising on so many - a very sensible tactic!

3. Appreciate the quick revert. @Lindsay Smitherman

I follow the old school when it comes to exam prep. Prefer to go as far back I can and get hammered by the previous examiners. IMHO, that's where the true learning happens.

Link : Thanks for sharing the thread. Solved my current problem.
    ASET 2014-2017 : Will check it out.

Thanks again for the assistance.

Best Regards.

4. Thanks @Lindsay Smitherman for the information.

Is there any way we can get this list of relevant past paper questions without having to purchase the revision booklets or ASET?

5. Lindsay Smitherman

Lindsay Smitherman ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Sorry - those are the only sources through which we provide that information, although it should of course be possible to determine that list by yourself by looking at the current syllabus and the content of each question?

6. Gract likes this.