CP1 April 2020

Discussion in 'CP1' started by Actuarily, May 9, 2020.

1. Actuarily

Actuarily Member

What did you all think of the exam?
    I found paper 1 to be ok, more parts and questions than usual. Lower marks meant I didn’t plan my answers as much as I’d be used to.
    Paper 2 I think the different parts of question 1 were quite repetitive. I also found that by trying to relate the questions to the material given, I repeated myself a lot. Question 2 I thought was much more doable, but I fear I didn’t give it the amount of attention it deserved.

2. Paper 1 was fairly standard ,with a mix of bookwork and application questions.
    Paper 2 question 1 was quite long and i fear i didn't raise enough points for the allocated marks. Also spend a lot of time on it and failed to complete all of question 2

3. MP3

MP3 Member

hey.. i found both paper to be lengthy. I couldn't attend the whole paper (both paper 1 and paper 2). Did anyone feel the same? or it is me only.
    plus i found question 1 of paper 2 was little repetitive and i couldn't generate a lot of points for most of parts. Since I attempted question2 first so i was able to manage it but lacked in question 1

4. almost_there

almost_there Member

997 candidates presented themselves and 444 passed. Pass rate = 44.5%.

Historic CA1/CP1 pass rate = 46%.

5. Ace123

Ace123 Member

So basically what you saying is that it's more or less in line with the average - given that some years have been above 46%?
    What was achieved by spamming every thread with this information - everyone that sat the exam can see the pass rate for themselves?

In previous sittings where the % pass has been above the average - did you outlined this and imply that some people shouldn't have passed?

I can't understand why someone who isn't sitting the exams would be so concerned with how people do in their exams now?

6. almost_there

almost_there Member

People must justify to Ace123 what they post on this forum- why?

7. almost_there

almost_there Member

Historic CA1 pass rate = 46%.
    For CP1, we've had three sittings. Pass rates of 39.9%, 33.9% and 44.5%. Combined it's 38%. Why?
    Further question is why did CA1 pass rates from 2016 get in the range 34-44% after historically hovering within 43-53% for about 8 years. http://www.actuarial-lookup.co.uk/exams/ca1

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2020