Core reading/Further reading

Discussion in 'SA4' started by Flanders, Feb 9, 2010.

1. Flanders

Flanders Member

Help please! I am worried about SA4 as it seems to be a different type of exam. Do I need to do further reading outside the core reading? I know it helps understanding and in idea generation. However, If I make points that are not in the core reading will it gain me any further points in the exam. Should I treat SA4 like other exams in the sense that marks will only be gained for points made from the core reading.

In simple terms if I know my core reading and do lots of questions then this should be ok. I shouldn't spend my valuable time reading material which won't earn any marks?

Thank you for any thoughts/comments

:confused:

2. didster

didster Member

Hmmm since no one else has replied.

I'm in a similar boat as I want to know what to do to get over this exam.
    I've failed it twice, and both times the examiner's report contained information that is not in the core reading (nor Acted's CMP)
    So it appears that extra reading (though it's anyone's guess as to what to read/learn) is expected. I suppose that practical experience in UK would help as I could see that you may need to know most of it to work, but unfortunately I don't have a way of getting it.

That being said, I doubt there are many people get close to a perfect score, so you should be able to pass without all of the extra bits. At least I'm hoping to pass this way (simply cause I don't know what to read apart from the core notes and a couple items in relation to current issues) but from personal history the approach may be rubbish.

3. Flanders

Flanders Member

Hi Didster

Thank you for your reply

I have decided to do very little, well no, further reading. I am simply going to make sure I know core reading and hope for the best.

Hope you are third time lucky

All the best

Flanders