Core Reading and Acted errors....

Discussion in 'SA4' started by YetAnotherStudent, Jan 28, 2008.

1. I have noticed several spelling // grammar // basic factual errors in the course - both in the course notes and in the core reading. In some cases the course notes have corrected the core reading.

Errors in the course notes can get forwarded to Acted and they'll be updated, but where do I send errors in the core reading to (and if there is a procedure for this, why has it not already been done by Acted?).

2. Gresham Arnold

Gresham Arnold ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi YetAnotherStudent

Sorry to hear that there are some errors within the SA4 course.

If we become aware of errors in the ActEd text we publish corrections in a corrections document on our website. We also correct the Course Notes themselves as part of the annual update.

I'm not aware of a standard procedure for notifying the Institute of errors in the Core Reading. However, each year we (ActEd) provide the Institute with details of errors we have spotted so that they can be corrected.

Sometimes we spot an error in the Core Reading after it has been finalised (31 May) but before we have published our Course Notes. In this situation we incude a correction in the ActEd text beneath the relevant Core Reading in our Course Notes. Then we ask the Institute to correct the Core Reading itself as part of their next annual update.

So please feel free to send us details of any errors you spot and we will pass them on. You can send details of errors in the Core Reading or the ActEd text to SA4@bpp.com

Thanks for your help.