1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

confidence interval for binomial

Discussion in 'CT3' started by shdh, Apr 14, 2016.

1. shdh

shdh Ton up Member

I ask for help in finding the confidence interval of binomial distribution. I would be very grateful for step wise help.

Thanks
    Shyam

2. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

This is a very vague query which means I can't really help. Please can you be more specific about whether you're referring to the normal approximation or the exact method. Then perhaps show your working to a question which is causing a problem and then I'll be able to see what the problem is.

3. shdh

shdh Ton up Member

I want the explanation under exact method.

Thanks
    Shyam

4. shdh

shdh Ton up Member

I need help in understanding how to attain the h1 and h2 values? How do we come up with a value of h1 and h2?

Thanks
    Shyam

5. shdh

shdh Ton up Member

Under exact method, I want help in the approach of
    1-F(x-1, theta 1) and F(x, theta 2) method.

Thank you for your help.

Shyam

6. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Personally I would say ignore the h1, h2 stuff. Let's look at a specific example. Suppose you have a X~Bin(10, p) and you observe X=2 successes and want a 95% confidence interval for p. That means 2.5% either side. So you will find the p value that has P(X<=2)=2.5% and the p value that has P(X>=2)=2.5%

Rajat Goel likes this.
  7. shdh

shdh Ton up Member

Thank you very much sir.