Compound Increasing Annuities

Discussion in 'CT1' started by Jeaw5, Jun 30, 2011.

1. Jeaw5

Jeaw5 Member

Hi

I understand and can answer these questions but they always take me a really long time and I often make careless errors. Does anyone know where I can get extra practice questions? ( I know there are a lot in the Project questions, however, I would like some that only focus on compund increasing annuities to build my ability on these questions)

Thanks

2. bystander

bystander Member

Suggested places to look:
    Q&A bank if you have the ActEd CMP pack.
    In past papers.... you need to practise these so just work through and you are bound to find them.

Why are you finding them long-winded? Are you always deriving the answer?
    If you recognise that its an increasing annuity, you can apply the formula -- don't bother deriving it.

If its an unusual one, split it back into its basic components and work from there.

Also, remember decreasing annuities can arise too.

3. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

My top tip - is DON'T use the Core Reading approach of trying to rewrite it as an annuity. It is much easier to simply use geometric series instead.

4. Jeaw5

Jeaw5 Member

5. Lucky

Lucky Member

Recommended books

i want to register the CT1 ,as a non member for the Sept exams kindly advice on which are the recommended books that i will use ti get all the info.

regards

6. bystander

bystander Member

There isn't text books. The material is supplied by ActEd and you can buy on line using their address as you did to get here.

The only other thing you will need is a set of Actuarial Tables and Formulae. This you buy from www.actuaries.org.uk. On that site will be everything you need to know about doing CT1 as a non-member

7. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

All the information on the material and help we provide can be found here.

As far as the Profession goes you don't need to do anything other than enter the exam, application forms will be available on their site from 15 July 2011 for the September sitting.