Compiling ASET

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by Edwin, Aug 25, 2014.

1. Edwin

Edwin Member

Can I confirm that the tutor's atleast sit the exam paper before seeing the examiners' report and compiling ASET because otherwise it won't make much sense since they will miss possible pitfalls and interpretations of questions that students go through.

The results being an unhelpful ASET that reproduces the examiners' report. I agree that the solutions should be close but the ASET should not lack possible alternative interpretations and reasons why they are wrong as well as alternative solutions, otherwise money is being wasted.

2. John Lee

John Lee ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Absolutley!

I believe that all tutors sit the papers under exam conditions (I certainly do). We also then circuluate it amongst the tutor team to see if they have any alternative approaches or through their experience are aware of any problems that students encounter.

All the alternatives and pitfalls (and extra lines of thought/working) are put in boxes so as to not distract students from the required solution.

A sample of CT3 can be found here https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/5610354/CT3%20ASET%20A11%20sample.pdf