1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

Column headings in excel spreadsheet

Discussion in 'CP2' started by Viki2010, Mar 3, 2019.

1. Viki2010

Viki2010 Member

I was just wondering whether shortcuts are fine for column headings in order to save time. For example:

"Bank Int on Neg Bal"

instead of

"Bank Interest on Negative Balance"

Would I loose marks?

2. Dar_Shan0209

Dar_Shan0209 Ton up Member

Hi,

As you would see in the marking schemes, this is acceptable as long you document this in your audit trail, for e.g. Column B represents the bank interest on negative balance.

Regards,
    Darshan

3. David Hopkins

David Hopkins Member

Yes, it's actually better to use short column headings because this makes your spreadsheet easier to navigate. Here, I would just call the column something like "Interest (neg)" and in my audit trail I would say something like "The column "Interest (neg) shows the interest on the bank balance when ..."

The same applies to tab names. It's better to call a tab "USA" (or "Scenario 1") than "Summary of results for the United States of America"!