CMP upgrade 2013/14

Discussion in 'SP5' started by r_v.s, Apr 29, 2014.

1. r_v.s

r_v.s Member

The CMP upgrade 2013/ 2014 says there's been considerable change to the ST5 material. I have the 2013 material. Are these changes in this material, or do I need to buy the material again?:confused:

2. Gresham Arnold

Gresham Arnold ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi

I believe the changes are significant / material and so I recommend purchasing the 2014 CMP.

It sounds as though you purchased a full price ST5 CMP for the 2013 exams? If so, do note that you have an option to purchase an ebook of the 2014 ST5 CMP for £20 + VAT. This would enable you to print out the chapters / sections that have changed.

I hope this helps.

Gresham

3. r_v.s

r_v.s Member

I am a student member of Actuarial Society of India and
    that's how I purchased my material. Would I be eligible to get the
    CMP too?

4. Gresham Arnold

I'm afraid that our discounted prices apply only to students who have purchased their material directly from ActEd in the past. If you are a member of the IAI and sitting the IAI's exams, I think it would probably be best (cheapest) for you to get the 2014 material from the IAI.

I hope this helps.

Gresham

5. r_v.s

r_v.s Member

Yes. Thanks very much!

6. Amanda

Amanda Member

Hi, I first sat ST5 in September 2013 and I am re-sitting it this sitting. After looking at CMP upgrade on the Acted website I have ordered the CMP retaker materials but I was wondering if anyone would be able to let me know which exam questions from the revision books will no longer be relevant following the changes to the syllabus.

Thanks

7. Gresham Arnold

Hi Amanda

We don't keep a log of changes I'm afraid. But, just for you, I've done a comparison of the booklets (comparing the versions published for Summer 2013 and Summer 2014 study sessions) :)

The Summer 2014 booklets don't contain the 2003 exam questions and solutions, but do contain the 2013 exam questions and solutions. Otherwise it appears that the changes to exam questions / solutions are very limited.

There are some changes / additions / deletions to the Core Reading questions and solutions, particularly in Booklet 2. These reflect the changes to the Core Reading detailed in the CMP upgrade.

Final thing to bear in mind: At present those who have purchased Revision Notes in a particular subject previously can purchase the current edition (in that subject) at half price.

Our customer services team tell me you need to order through the estore. It will look as though you are paying full price, but the team will apply a 50% discount afterwards.

Hope that helps?

Gresham