CM1 Results

Discussion in 'CM1' started by The Student Actuary, Dec 15, 2020.

Tags:
  1. Shubh Anand

Shubh Anand Member

Will the exams in 2021 be also in word and excel ?

2. Nandika

Nandika Member

Hi! I'll be appearing for CM1 in September. Do you guys have any tips on how to deal with this exam in a word format? thanks!

3. Joe Hook

Joe Hook ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi Nandika,

Our advice here at ActEd would be to prepare for paper A largely as you would if the exam were taken with pen and paper in an exam centre but to ensure that you practice some exams in word. Examiners are likely to be fairly forgiving with your notation in the exam, recognising that there will be a number of different ways to present your working. Therefore, the most important aspect of Word practice is to increase your speed and efficiency at typing out answers.

You should be aware that there is some suggested notation within the examinations handbook for the actuarial exams and you may find this to be a useful 'crib' sheet for the exam. However, do not be afraid to come up with your own if you feel that it still makes it clear to the examiners the calculations you are performing and if it makes more sense in your head.

If you have any further questions please let us know.

I wish you all the best with your studies.
    Joe

yuli2513 and Nandika like this.
  4. Nandika

Nandika Member

alright thanks a lot :)

5. Daniel Heanes

Daniel Heanes Made first post

Are we sure the pass mark was 58? I failed with 61.

6. Richie Holway

Richie Holway ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Hi Daniel, the posts in this thread are from 2-3 years ago and so relate to older exam papers rather than April 2023.

Thanks,
    Richie