CM1 A SEPT 2021

Discussion in 'CM1' started by Nandika, Aug 11, 2021.

1. Nandika

Nandika Member

Hey, I was wondering if someone could tell me the approximate weightage chap 22 and 23 (Join Life) hold in the exam since I was considering not being entirely thorough with these chapters. These seem a bit hefty to me and I have entire CM1B to prepare for as well. Some advice would be appreciated.
    Thanks!

2. Joe Hook

Joe Hook ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Joint life questions are likely to make up between 5% and 10% of the marks in the exam. You can almost guarantee that one or more questions will appear on these. On that basis it would be worth attempting a fair few questions on these topics. With the formulae available to you on exam day in an open-book exam the key is to be able to apply them. I'd therefore expect you to be able to get through a reasonable number of past paper questions. However, I appreciate that time is a scarce resource so some balance needs to be struck. As you work through past paper questions you may find particular topics in chapters 22 and 23 which are examined more frequently than others. I would ensure that you have a go at a few questions on these in paper B as well. If it were to appear on paper B for 30/40 marks then an inability to make much progress on that question could be quite damaging to overall performance.

Good luck.

yuli2513 likes this.
  3. Nandika

Nandika Member

alright thankyou!!