CiD

Discussion in 'SP6' started by King, Jan 11, 2007.

1. King

King Member

Do those who pass ST6 receive a “certificate in derivatives”?

2. Gareth

Gareth Member

3. King

King Member

How long after the results to they post them out?

4. examstudent

examstudent Member

and what does it look like??????lol

5. Gareth

Gareth Member

looks like the one you get for completing CT's

6. King

King Member

I asked the exams team when I should expect the CiD certificate and was told:

"You would receive a results letter for your ST6 exam but no certificate as it now only known as ST6 and not CiD."

Gareth - is this definetly wrong?

7. Gareth

Gareth Member

i passed ST6 last April and received a Certificate in Derivatives. Maybe that's changed since - does the exam paper still say ST6 / CID?

8. King

King Member

It does. I pointed that out and their response was:

You are correct the title had not been dropped but from this year it will be. However, there is still not a separate Certificate available. You would just receive a pass/fail grade in ST6 on a results letter. If you did not receive this letter please let me know and I will e-mail you one.

Cant say I'm happy with their response.

9. Gareth

Gareth Member

that's a shame, it's quite nice being able to say you have the Certificate in Derivatives.

on the positive side, at least you have one less exam to do!

10. King

King Member

Thing is, when I sat it (in September) the CiD title hadn’t been dropped, no more than it had in the April sitting – don’t get how they can issue certificates to the April people but not the September people. Also, does not issuing a paper certificate imply you cant say you’ve passed the CiD? I would argue not as its in the title of the exam.

11. examstudent

examstudent Member