Chapter 3 - external risk frameworks

Discussion in 'SP9' started by Ali10, Mar 9, 2013.

1. Ali10

Ali10 Member

Hi

I'm really struggling with learning the quantity of material in this one chapter. I note the syllabus says we need to describe Basel / solvency II frameworks and understand the principles of the others.

Am I right therefore in thinking that we don't need to know the same level of detail for the other frameworks? the acted notes seem to just provide a summary of key points.

I guess the same question goes for the stuff in chapter two on Cadbury and all th intermediate codes.

Thanks

2. SpeakLife!

SpeakLife! Member

I would be very, very surprised if we were asked detailed questions concerning Cadbury, Dey, or other reports concerning corporate governance. I think the takeaways from those reports in general (not necessarily being able to assign takeaway to a specific report) are the keys to focus on.

Also, regarding the external risk frameworks, as long as you're pretty familiar with the steps in COSO ERM and AZ/NZS 4360, you're probably fine. Those two frameworks seem to encapsulate a lot of information.

At least that's my plan of attack. . . .

3. David Wilmot

David Wilmot ActEd Tutor Staff Member

This seem like an appropriate strategy. The ActEd notes are brief in this area for this very reason. Of course there's no guarantee that the Examiners won't delve into the detail but it feels like there is more important stuff for them to focus upon elsewhere!

4. SpeakLife!

SpeakLife! Member

Let's hope they think like you, David!

5. Hi there

I was taking a look at the 2015 syllabus, and I couldn't find any (specific) mention of the external frameworks (e.g. RAMP, COSO, The Orange Book, etc.). Did I miss it somewhere, or is this stuff not in the syllabus anymore?

Thanks a lot
    Alastair