Chapter 2 Interested Parties

Discussion in 'SA4' started by barney, Nov 1, 2010.

1. barney

barney Member

There is alot of UK-specific detail in this chapter e.g. regarding SERPS and S2P i.e. dates etc. To what extent do we need to know these details? Is the information in the chapter summary sufficient? I am not based in the UK and as such, am not familiar with this material.

2. Chapter 2

Hi Barney, I would think that the information in the chapter summary alone is unlikely to be sufficient for the exam. Anything in the Core Reading is 'fair game' to be tested in the exam. However at this stage in your studies, it may be better to read this chapter briefly, and return to it later when you have read the other chapters.

It may also be worth looking at a couple of past papers early on in your studies so that you get a feel for the sort of questions the Examiners set (eg the balance between applications and learning facts).

I think the internet would be a good place to start on getting up to speed on UK pension issues too if you're not based in the UK. The following websites could be very useful:

www.ppf.gov.uk
    www.thepensionsregulator.gov.uk (the online trustee training material may be especially useful)
    www.hmrc.gov.uk
    www.direct.gov.uk
    www.thepensionservice.gov.uk.

as well as the websites of the larger UK pension consultancy firms. You should also find our topical issues document helpful - this can be found on a 'sticky' at the top of the SA4 forum. It is due to be updated again next month.

I hope that this helps.

Good luck with SA4!

Best wishes

Stuart