chapter 10 project appraisal

Discussion in 'CT1' started by mayughodake9, Mar 13, 2014.

1. mayughodake9

mayughodake9 Member

sir
    chapter- project appraisal

i am comfused in problem on page no. 15-16.

what actualy done in project E.

regards

mayuresh

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 15, 2014
  2. Mark Mitchell

Mark Mitchell Member

For Project E, the example works through all of the cashflows experienced as part of the project (outgo, interest on borrowing, income) year by year to work out the accumulated value of the project's cashflows (ie the accumulated profit) at time 5.

If you need further help, you'll need to ask a question about a particular cashflow or calculation.

3. Hello there,

my confusion here is how come the total borrowing for Project E for years 2 and 3 becomes 95,000 dollars, but for year 1 is just the amount of the outlay? why not for years 1 and 2 the borrowings are not just 20,000 and 5,000 dollars respectively?

Thanks,
    Polina

4. Bharti Singla

Bharti Singla Senior Member

The further outlays are not just £20,000 and £5,000 because we can use the Income received(at the end of year) firstly to pay the interest of that year and then to be invested in the project. So, the further borrowing will be reduced by that amount.Remember, it is said that the Loan can be repaid only at the end of the project. For more clarification, I have attached the detailed solution below.
    Hope this helps.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2017
  5. Amazing, this makes so much more sense and helps understand the whole concept better. thank you so so much it really helped a lot. :)

Bharti Singla likes this.
  6. Bharti Singla

Bharti Singla Senior Member

Most Welcome!! :)