Changes from Oct 2013 to April 2014?

Discussion in 'SA4' started by Sarah, Jul 16, 2013.

1. Sarah

Sarah Member

Hi,

I'm planning to sit SA4 in April 2014 but want start studying now.

Is anyone at ActEd aware of any plans to make significant changes between the notes/syllabus that are available now, and the ones that will become available after the October exams are over?

Many thanks
    Sarah

2. Hi Sarah

Yes - there will be significant changes to the Core Reading for the 2014 exams. Please see:

http://www.actuaries.org.uk/researc...labus-and-core-reading-subject-sa4-2014-exams

This also means that we will not produce a detailed CMP Upgrade as we do in years where there are fewer changes.

You could either:
    - buy the 2014 materials when they become available
    or:
    - buy the 2013 materials and then you will have the option to buy the corresponding 2014 materials at a reduced price.

See http://www.acted.co.uk/Html/paper_reduced_prices.htm

Best wishes

Stuart Underwood
    ActEd Tutor

3. Sarah

Sarah Member

Many thanks for the info and advice Stuart.

4. Sarah

Sarah Member

Just one more question please...

I'm trying to decide dates to take CA2 and CA3 and wondering when the new tutorial timetable for April 2014 will be published to assess potential clashes with SA4 regular tutorials... do you know?

5. Admin

Admin Administrator Staff Member

Hi Sarah,

The Tuition Bulletin for the April 2014 exams will be released sometime in September. We have already scheduled courses up to November but if none of these are convenient for you we recommend you wait until the new bulletin n is realeased for the new dates. If once the bulletin has been released there isnt a date that suits you you can make a request via our online store.

Good Luck with your studies.

Regards
    Admin

6. kd3010

kd3010 Member

Is there a delay in sending out the SA4 materials due to the changes? I received ST2 last week but no sign of SA4 yet.

Thanks

7. SA4 materials

Hi Sarah

Subject SA4 is usually one of the last subjects to issue materials due to all the changes in the pensions environment each year.

However, I know these have recently been finalised, so they should be with you shortly.

In the meantime, the CMP Upgrade is now available. It does not detail every single change between the 2013 and 2014 SA4 CMP but does set out the significant changes in Core Reading and ActEd text.

Best wishes

Stuart

Stuart Underwood
    ActEd Tutor