CERA seminar

Discussion in 'SP9' started by Simon James, Feb 28, 2012.

1. Simon James

Simon James ActEd Tutor Staff Member

"One of the recommendations of the CERA Board when reviewing the UK Profession’s qualification for CERA was that we offer a seminar to accompany the ST9 examination. The seminar will provide delegates with the opportunity to investigate and discuss more practical applications of enterprise risk management which the current exam does not allow for in the time given.

The Institute and Faculty of Actuaries is pleased to announce that the first of these seminars will be offered in spring 2013. The seminar will be a compulsory part of obtaining the CERA qualification for anyone passing or being exempt from the ST9 exam after 1st September 2012. The seminar must be taken after passing the ST9 examination. The first seminar will be available for booking soon after the results of the October ST9 exam have been released."

(from the Actuarial Profession)

2. bystander

bystander Member

I wondr if this will put people off.

The actuarial training is expensive enough without this and some employers may not want to pay more than absolutely necessary and start to deter students going that route - particular if the seminar has to involve an overnight stay as i can't see a variety of locations being offered.

3. Avi0013

Avi0013 Member

The CAS has the same requirement, and the first CAS CERA seminar held in March was very well attended (over 40 people if I recall correctly).

4. JayDee

JayDee Member

Has IFoA shown any intention of taking this seminar online?