CERA qualification - shifting goalposts!

Discussion in 'SP9' started by 14099, May 20, 2013.

1. Simon James

Simon James ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Thanks for the feedback! Seems like it was worthwhile (despite the initial grief!)

2. Zebedee

Zebedee Member

Hello

So, I was fortunate enough to pass ST9 last night! :D

I can't seem to find much info on the website about these CERA seminars - just the vague posting below from March.

http://www.actuaries.org.uk/news/articles/cera-seminar-st9-candidates

Does anyone have any more current information about dates etc? I can see from reading thread below a mention of Sepember for the next seminar(s).

3. FractalPanda

FractalPanda Member

Having just passed ST9, and thereby also qualified, I'm curious to know when and how we get information on the next CERA seminar. Given the serious lack of information available online about these seminars, I'm assuming they send something out to those who are eligible to attend. However, if anyone who attended the last one can give more information about this, I'd be grateful!

4. 14099

14099 Member

FractalPanda, well done on passing ST9. I'm confident the IFoA's organisation of subsequent seminars will be better than it was for the first, if only because they've been through the process once now and got an ear bashing about how bad it was from many of those affected (including me, you won't be surprised to hear)!

If you wait to be contacted they'll get round to you eventually but if I were you I'd drop them a polite email enquiring as to when you can expect to hear. That's what I did. Given the lack of information about these seminars on the website I expect that many others will do likewise.

5. Zebedee

Zebedee Member

I take it no-one's heard anything about these fabled CERA seminars then? It looks like the rumoured September seminar isn't happening. There are whispers about something in October/November but frankly, given that the profession has just posted an advert seeking people to present at CERA seminars, I have some doubts whether they'll manage to meet that timeline either.

Hopefully @14099's confidence that the profession would do a better job on the organisation second time around won't turn out to be misplaced.

6. TimDJ

TimDJ Member

As someone who passed ST9 this Summer I can confirm that on emailing the Institute provisional October and November seminars are being offered in London. I'm guessing they must be letting eligible people know about this shortly (?) as opposed to it just being on request only?

7. TimDJ

TimDJ Member