CB2 exemption procedure

Discussion in 'Off-topic' started by James Fardell, Jun 13, 2020.

1. James Fardell

James Fardell Member

Hi all,

I was wondering if anyone can share any experience/tips in applying for the CB2 exemption? I previously studied an Economics degree which I thought would be a typical route to get this exemption. My degree syllabus isn't very detailed (I am relying on what is on the University's website as they don't formally have a syllabus) but I still have some lecture slides. There are some topics in the CB2 mapping form that I would have considered as being A-level topics (such as opportunity cost), I can't formally prove I have covered this at university but I have covered it all the way to GCSE/A-levels, is this still considered? My university was have classifed this as assumed knowledge.

Do you know whether a CB2 examiner assesses the exemption or not? I feel I would have a greater chance of the exemption being accepted if the individual has some understanding of the topics studied typically at university are at a higher level than some of the topics in this mapping (I am trying to construct this in the least arrogant way I can).

Any tips/experiences would be much appreciated.

Thanks