Career Advice

Discussion in 'Careers' started by Arpan, Sep 16, 2009.

1. Arpan

Arpan Member

hi everyone
    I'm seeking career advice. I've completed ct1,ct3,ct5. Doing law simultaneously..graduated in commerce two years back..I want to keep
    life as well as nonlife as options..planning to give ct2 coming october09.

What I wanna know is that after ct2, which all papers should I start preparing
    to improve my job prospects..In addition to this, I've also done excel,access and sql 2005.

Kindly advise
    thanks beforehand:)

2. bystander

bystander Member

The order of the exams doesn't matter.

I think what might concern any actuarial employer is you don't seem to be committing to any one route. i agree a backdrop is useful, but say an insurer would want you to commit to actuarial and a law firm law. You need to decide what is your career and which is 'an interesting sideline that can be a safety net'

3. Arpan

Arpan Member

Clarification

thanks for your concerned reply..actually I have already made up my mind to join actuarial..in law, I have specifically opted for banking n insurance laws..
    in today's scenario what I feel is law provides an edge n in anyway it's
    fruitful to know the laws as actuarial and law are inseparable..one can't chuck out legal framework.
    I've understood ur point that the order is immaterial..n that's none of my concern at the moment..I'd be grateful if u could tell me that after clearing ct-1,2,3,5 which paper has got better prospects ct6 or ct4 so that I can foray into any life or nonlife sectors.:)