1. Posts in the subject areas are now being moderated. Please do not post any details about your exam for at least 3 working days. You may not see your post appear for a day or two. See the 'Forum help' thread entitled 'Using forums during exam period' for further information. Wishing you the best of luck with your exams.
    Dismiss Notice

Can't post anything, i keep on getting "acted database error". Please help

Discussion in 'General study / exams' started by Edwin, Feb 16, 2015.

1. Edwin

Edwin Member

Can't post anything, i keep on getting "acted database error". Please help

2. Oxymoron

Oxymoron Ton up Member

The acted tutors realized you're just spreading ISIS propaganda masquerading as risk management posts and have banned you. Do you repent at least now?

3. Hemant Rupani

Hemant Rupani Senior Member

I also get "acted database error" while click on "New Posts", but I can post without error.

BTW few days ago ActEd posted on facebook, "Please be aware that there is likely to be significant downtime to our Website, Online Store, MyTest and Forum this weekend from 13-16 February. This is due to a required system upgrade. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause."

4. Hemant Rupani

Hemant Rupani Senior Member

hahahaha

5. Edwin

Edwin Member

I am sorry! (&BACK)_Ok, still not back....

NONETHELESS, this is my reply to Shillington on ST9 thread started by Viki2010 "Methods for Risk Aggregation"

Point 1, there is no Copula called correlation matrix. You are trying to say that they do the same thing, otherwise they are different things;- one is calibrated by linear dependence, the other by non-linear dependence.

Point 2;- (strong)
    Whenever you use a correlation matrix “you are applying the copula corresponding to a multivariate normal distribution” (posted by you)
    A strict requirement is that a multivariate normal distribution is made up of normal marginals – (my point; you can’t use pareto)!

Now a correlation matrix is pearson’s rho hence you can never use rank correlation. See example below;-

[3 5]*[1 0.25]*[3]
    [0.25 1] [5]

= sum of squares, this is just;-you can test 3^2+5^2+2*p*3*5. Use p say 0.25. The p in x^2+y^2+2*p*xy is strictly pearson’s rho. (My point; you can’t use rank correlation)

P.S;-
    Kendall’s Tau, Spearman’s rho are used in the calibration of a COPULA to define a dependence structure.

Point 3;- The comment is not as digital as you make it seem.
    Point 4;- I don’t get the hello, was it originally posted by me?

((Let me know If I should expand...))

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 16, 2015