CA3 Online Exam

Discussion in 'CA3' started by rshenoy, Jun 2, 2013.

1. rshenoy

rshenoy Member

I just flunked the online exam, one which I fully expected to pass. I now think it might have been because I did not submit the workbook, which from the recently amended guidelines seems to have earlier been a mandatory submission. I do not remember reading anywhere that this submission was mandatory. Any idea if it was and if this has been stated anywhere? In the absence of explicitly stating this, or even otherwise, I would have at the very least expected a reminder in the run up to the last day for workbook submission. Any views if I can appeal on this basis?

2. Pede

Pede Member

3. rshenoy

rshenoy Member

It says here that submission is mandatory: http://www.actuaries.org.uk/students/pages/communications-subject-ca3. But one needs to go hunting for these documents on the website and this states that one is not permitted to sit for the exams if one does not submit the workbook. But I was allowed to appear for the exam. Had i known right then that I would fail because of non-submission of the workbook, then I probably would have immediately enlisted for the next sitting. I have to pay another 250 pounds and worse still have to wait for 6 more months :-(.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 3, 2013
  4. fischer

fischer Member

Hi mate

Could you please let me know what grade you got, don't mind me asking?

I didn't submit the workbook and got an FB.

As you pointed out, the website says that if you didn't submit the worrkbook, then you shouldn't have been allowed to sit. But you were!

Something has got to be done, as I don't think the wey things are functioning is correct.

It's ironic that the communication relating to the communications exam from the IFoA is not the best!

Cheers and good luck.

5. rshenoy

rshenoy Member

Just got my grade today and I've got an FB too. They should realise that there is a communication issue, no one pays hundreds of pounds and knowingly fails to turn in a mandatory submission.

6. fischer

fischer Member

Sorry to hear that!

Okay, was this your first attempt?

Because I did the face-to-face first - I did submit the coursework then.

At the second attempt, I did not submit the workbook because I had already submitted it the first time 'round!

let me know and good luck for the next sitting - let's hope lady luck shines on us this time!

Cheers

7. rshenoy

rshenoy Member

Yes it was my first attempt. sitting again later this year. Hope I pass then. But workbook submission has been done away with from July.