CA3 numerical examples

Discussion in 'CA3' started by Amrita2, Jun 18, 2013.

1. Amrita2

Amrita2 Member

Hi,

I was wondering how many marks are allocated to numerical examples.

I.e., if in the written part of the exam, the question specifically asks you to include simple numerical examples, but you don't get time to include any, does this count for a lot (between a pass and fail)?

Also, does anyone know what the pass mark is (50% or 75%) for the overall exam?

Thanks

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 18, 2013
  2. Ian Senator

Ian Senator ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Numerical examples are required frequently in this exam, and if they specifically ask for them, then it'll make even more of a difference to your mark if you don't give them. Yes, it could change your pass into a fail.

The pass marks for CA3 aren't published (yet). They'll vary from sitting to sitting too, depending on the difficulty of the paper, but I would guess that it would be in the region of 60-70%.

Good luck
    Ian

3. Act112233

Act112233 Member

Graphs as numerical examples

Would a graph along with text stating an important point in the graph and how it explains the topic concerned count as a numerical example?

4. Ian Senator

Ian Senator ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Yes, if a graph is appropriate to illustrate the numbers, then by all means use that. Sometimes other ways of showing the numbers may also be appropriate, for example a textual numerical example, or a table. It all rather depends on the question and the message you're trying to get across, and your audience, etc. Often there's no one correct way...