CA3 failed 3rd time

Discussion in 'CA3' started by Earth, Apr 22, 2016.

1. Earth

Earth Member

I failed CA3 again yesterday...
    This being the only exam left to pass, truly felt a sinking feeling. Although I've booked for the Nov 2016 slots, I'm feeling very unsure. My confidence in my ability to communicate is slowly decreasing.

2. David Wilmot

David Wilmot ActEd Tutor Staff Member

Very sorry to hear this - I do appreciate how this feels. Aim to learn from the experience - identify why you didn't score sufficiently well against the marking schedule and then put in place mitigating actions. This forum is a great place to get advice, hints and tips - once you know why you didn't pass.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2016
  3. bystander

bystander Member

If you haven't had it before and are consistently close to passing, have you tried counselling? I know it costs money and after 3 fails a company may not agree to pay, it could help - anything is worth a go. But apply NOW so that you get a date that's not too close to your final attempt - note my air of positivity! If you get counselling too close to the exam three's less chance to practice.

As David said, look at the solution and try to think 1. where did I pick up marks 2. Where did I lose them. Its important to know both because you don't want this exercise to be all doom and gloom. If its the presentation that worries you, can you do a course? Many employers run them if you can get on one in time. Or, ask if you can do one in your office. It doesn't have to be CA3 related. Just running a training presentation will help and you are likely to get honest peer review. Likewise in your written work in the office take note with feedback however a word of caution: what the exam looks for and what an office looks for can differ especially if there is an office 'style'.

Don't start practising again whilst you are feeling negative. Take stock, brush yourself down then regroup, plan and action.

Believe me, victory will be all the more sweet when it does come.

4. Earth

Earth Member

Many thanks for your kind replies bystander and David. I'm going to approach this with a positive attitude and record a log of what I'm doing differently this time so I can get inputs from the forum members on improvements and correct approach.